Saturday, March 1, 2008

Truffle Naming Contest is starting today!

Earlier in the week, I made a truffle that I was not very happy with. I realized that I had a good idea, but it just didn't come together. I knew that I wanted a new flavor, something fun and sweet, just in time for Easter! I really liked the idea of the white chocolate filling, so I tried it again with banana flavoring. Using extract instead of liqueur made a big difference in the consistency of the truffle. So, not only is the flavor delicious, but the consistency of the center is better and it was much easier to work with when dipping into dark chocolate.

Now is the fun part for you! It is a truffle naming contest to name my new flavor. I would describe the truffle by saying it has a white chocolate center with a banana flavor. It is enrobed in dark chocolate with a pretty candy flower on the top. (see picture on the left)

To enter the truffle contest, send an email with your truffle flavor name to yummy@TrufflesByEmily.com Make sure to include your name. Please, limit your entries to 2 per person. I will be taking truffle flavor names until 8pm Wednesday, March 5th.

The contest will be judged by a select group of truffle eaters. The names of the submitters will be kept anonymous to them. I will post the winning entry here on my blog by Friday, March 7th.

The winner of the contest will receive a FREE 10 piece box of this new flavor either shipped or delivered (if local.) In the event of multiple entries of a winning flavor, the prize will go to the first person to submit the entry.

One note of advice, the name should give some indication of what flavor(s) the person is about to eat.

Good luck!

Emily
The Truffle Lady

P.S. If you would like to order this flavor or any other flavors, check out my Web site http://www.TrufflesByEmily.com/

No comments: