Tuesday, February 26, 2008

And you call that a truffle?


The fun part about owning my own business is that I get to create new truffle flavors for everyone to enjoy. It all starts with my personal taste. I have vowed to myself that I will only make truffles that I will eat or feel good about giving to family and friends.(i.e. I will never make a peanut butter truffle, sorry Noam) Today I really had a challenge to that truffle sense.

The idea was to make a melon flavored white chocolate ganache with dark chocolate on the outside. I used a melon liqueur added to the white chocolate and frosting center. It tasted like sweet alcohol. You couldn't taste the melon at all. To top off my frustration, the chocolate slid off the centers. Yes, it slid off (not all of them), but enough to make it annoying and out of the race for new truffle flavor.

However, I like the idea of a truffle with white chocolate on the inside and dark chocolate on the outside, so I'll keep trying with that one.

It's back to the kitchen for me . . .

Thinking good truffle thoughts,

Emily
The Truffle Lady

No comments: