Monday, February 25, 2008

A word of thanks


I want to thank all of my customers and friends who have written comments on my new blog. It is really appreciated. I have always valued the opinions of my friends, family and customers in regards to my business. You have added to the flavor of this business. It is a start-up company that has relied on you for advice, encouragement, truffle tasting, and honest feedback.

My friends have given me some great tips. For example, my friend June suggested that I add a flavor guide to my boxes. It helped to clarify for customers what exactly is in the box. Now the guide is visual with pictures of my popular flavors.

Coming up with new truffle flavors is an art. Shira recommended I try making an Earl Grey truffle. She gave me a recipe that I adapted and it has been a very popular flavor. The idea of infusing tea into the chocolate was new at the time and now I know what a delicious result it can have.

Sarah, who loves dried cherries, gave me a recipe for the Chocolate Cherry Truffle. I love the dried Montmorency cherries that I chop up and add into the ganache. With the addition of Cherry liqueur, it is a decadent truffle.

Ashley said that she liked the raspberry truffle but wanted me to make a Grand Marnier Truffle. So, for that truffle, I add Grand Marnier liquor and orange marmalade. It's very similar to the raspberry truffle, but with a completely different taste and look.

Dan has helped me with the design of my business cards and labels. Adrienne has helped with the design and layout of my brochure and my new flavor guide. I guess what I'm saying is that it really does take a village. Thank you to all the villagers. And keep sending me feedback.

I would like to respond to the kosher question that Patti asked. My truffles are not certified kosher at this time. They are not for two reasons: 1) all of my ingredients are not certified kosher (just a few of the liqueurs), and 2) I do not work in a kosher kitchen.

Coming soon: A truffle naming contest AND the introduction of a new "Crunch" product!

Yours in chocolate,

Emily
The Truffle Lady

No comments: